We are looking for an experienced Media Director who will be responsible for leading and overseeing our media team in strategy, planning, execution, implementation, optimization and performance analysis. Our media team is small, so the media director role is very hands-on.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee all media plans and buys for the agency, including traditional, digital and social media. Develop a strategic approach for campaigns and work with clients to ensure that we are aligned on objectives.
- Develop media strategy and plans that include: consumer research, media mix strategy and budget allocation, and flowchart development
- Communicate with Account Executives and Managers throughout campaign development and activation
- Train, motivate, grow & evaluate direct reports
- Provide guidance and oversight on media buys prior to placement
- Aid in negotiations and problem solving support
- Provide excellent client service through strong & consistent communication
- Use campaign reporting and analytics to influence media strategies
- Provide strategic guidance on new business projects and client growth opportunities
- Manage all client media budgets and ensure accurate monthly media billing
- Stay on top of major industry trends and advance the agency’s media capabilities through continued learning
- Research, recommend and negotiate resources needed for the media team
- 5+ years of agency experience
- Background in media planning, with an emphasis on digital marketing
- Experience using media research software & tools: Scarborough, Simmons, MRI, etc.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Attention to details
- Interest in consumer behavior, pop culture and advertising trends
Bonus Points Go To
- Extensive experience in digital marketing
- Background in media buying and negotiation
- Experience using media planning and buying software: Strata, Sqad, MediaTools
- A sense of humor, lol
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter and your best “hire me” pitch through the form below. Pay will be based on experience and include a generous benefits package.